Sunday 24 July 2016

#213 to #219 around Newstead, Victoria, July 23

I decided to tag along with on a large group outing to the Newstead area. I do like the peace and solitude of birding on my own, but I had a great day walking around with a really great bunch of people. I also managed to find a lifer - a Spotted Quail-thrush - but it scurried off so fast that I only managed to snap off three photos, all of them extremely out of focus and resembling a vague bird-shaped blob. There were plenty of highlights throughout the day, but seeing an Australian Owlet-nightjar perched in broad daylight was a very special moment indeed!

#213 Red-browed Finch

#214 Fuscous Honeyeater

#215 Wedge-tailed Eagle

#216 Australian Owlet-nightjar

#217 Powerful Owl

#218 White-bellied Cuckoo-shrike (dark morph, race robusta)

#219 Collared Sparrowhawk
eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S30812624
eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S30812674

No comments:

Post a Comment