Thursday 2 June 2016

#187 at Taylors Lakes Wetlands, Victoria, June 2

We had beautiful weather this afternoon for this time of year! I managed to get home from work by 4pm so I decided to go out with the camera for a quick look around the local wetlands. And luck seemed to be on my side, because I unexpectedly found a pair of Little Lorikeet feeding in a flowering gum tree. I was also pleased because I successfully made an ID from their call, which I used to get mixed up with Purple-crowned Lorikeet. I think I have their calls sorted now! And luck was on my side again because I managed to get a photo. This is the FIRST TIME that I've managed to get a clear photo of a Little Lorikeet. I hear them around the place every now and then, but they are fast little things and they're usually at the top of a tree and deep inside the foliage. Today, I was in the exact right spot at the right time! Yay!

#187 Little Lorikeet
eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S30036217

No comments:

Post a Comment