Thursday 6 October 2016

#297 Fairy Martin at the Western Treatment Plant, Victoria, October 5

I came back from Darwin falling just 4 species short of my 300 species goal for 2016. I decided to go and find some 'easy' local species that I had neglected to photograph so far. The weather was terrible, about 12 degrees and extremely overcast. I was hopeful of finding some Fairy Martin perched on the fences at the treatment plant like they usually are. There were none perched. All were in flight. So I attempted the only stupid and ridiculous thing that I could do - I tried to get in in-flight shot of a Fairy Martin in overcast low-light conditions. Out of about 300 photos taken I actually got a few that would be passable. Yay!

#297 Fairy Martin
eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S31912540

No comments:

Post a Comment