Monday 31 October 2016

#302 Leaden Flyctahcer at Woodlands Historic Park, November 1

The first Tuesday in November is Melbourne Cup Day, a public holiday. I'm not at all a fan of horse racing, but I'm most certainly a fan of public holidays!!! Of course, being a teacher, any spare time at this time of the year is usually spent writing reports, which is what I planned to do today... after some recreation time, of course. I headed to Woodlands because it is close to home, not expecting to find much. But I was very pleased to find a female flycatcher, which in the field I thought was a Satin Flycatcher. I has since been identified as a Leaden Flycatcher by the good people at the bird ID Facebook page. Now, instead of writing reports, I'm writing this page. Oh, sweet procrastination...

#302 Leaden Flycatcher

No comments:

Post a Comment