Wednesday 6 January 2016

#19 to #27 – Bribie Island, Queensland, January 1 2016



I left North Lakes and headed towards Bribie Island. My aim was to eventually reach the Toorbul high tide roost at high tide, so Bribie seemed like a good detour until the tides were right. I had been there a few days earlier and found some nice birds, so I had some targets in mind. My first stop was Kakadu Beach where I hit a few targets (no Lesser Sand Plover though).

eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S26566412

#19 Eastern Curlew

#20 Beach Stone-curlew

#21 Noisy Friarbird

#22 Black-winged Stilt

#23 Pacific Black Duck

Then I headed to Buckley’s Hole where I managed to pick up a lifer – two Wandering Whistling-ducks! There were probably more birds to be found at Buckley’s Hole but I left earlier than I would have liked so that I would reach Toorbul at the right time.

 eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S26567293

#24 Australasian Grebe

#25 Comb-crested Jacana

#26 Wandering Whistling-duck (LIFER!)

#27 Noisy Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment