Wednesday 13 January 2016

#68 to #78 around Anglesea, Victoria, January 14 2016

Ah, a nice cool day, fantastic after yesterday's cracking heat (it reached 43 degrees Celsius here). The weather app on my phone and the rain radar both indicated rain in the afternoon, so I got up early drove towards Anglesea. I love birding in this area, and I've been quite a few times times before.

The first stop was Anglesea Heath. Even though it was fairly quiet with very few birds were calling, I still managed to find some nice birds, including a male Satin Bowerbird (poor photo included).

eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S26879777

#68 Satin Bowerbird

#69 White-throated Treecreeper

#70 Australian King-parrot

#71 Striated Thornbill

#72 Blue-winged Parrot

#73 White-faced Heron

Then I had a quick look around for Southern Emu-wren at the Eumeralla Flora Reserve. I did manage to find a few, and I even got a good look at a female Southern Emu-wren hopping around in a shrub just a few metres in front of me. But sadly, no photo! I did find a few others though...

eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S26881001

#74 Striated Fieldwren

#75 Brown Thornbill

#76 Eastern Yellow Robin

My next stop was at Point Roadknight where I successfully found four Hooded Plover (and got rained on).

eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S26881509

#77 Hooded Plover


After that I went to the Ironbark Basin, which is on the road that leads to Point Addis. Not much around today!

eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S26882556

#78 Eastern Spinebill


And finally I made a last stop in the Point Addis carpark, where I found a single Crested Tern along with a lot of wind, cold, and rain! The rain radar indicated that I would sson get even wetter, so I decided that I would go home. As I backed the car out, a Rufous Bristlebird emerged from the bushes. I wound down the window but only got fuzzy shots. Bugger!

At the end of this trip:
Year list: 166
2016 Photos: 78

No comments:

Post a Comment